Friday, July 26, 2013

Of Readers, Filofaxes and Staying Up Late

Ah, this is going to be a nice and lazy Friday. I was up last night until 3:30am and I'm still very sleepy (12:38). The reason I was up so late is because I was trying to catch up with some of my favourite blogs.
Still not an excuse, but please let me explain with more detail.

Before Google Reader decided to say Adieu, I used Feedly on my iPad and gReader on my phone. They got along pretty nicely and were neatly synchronised.

But only a day after Google Reader's departure, Feedly was so overwhelmed that it was "over capacity", and gReader decided it was leaving, too. Only one sentence in his farewell note: "Please install Feedly on your phone."

After the guys at Feedly told me that indeed they were having issues and the service would be down temporarily, I decided I would wait patiently, and try (lol) to keep up with the blogs the old fashioned way; using my browser. It didn't really work.

So when this week (was it this or last week??) they finally announced on twitter that Feedly was up and running again, I decided to check it out on my iPad, only to be received by a blank slate: all my feeds were gone! Massive Fail, Feedly!!

See, yesterday the new member of my small Filofax family arrived and during the evening I wanted to find out how others were using theirs, how much the vibrant colour IRL differed from the internet images, when it was discontinued, etc.
This had me sailing from Philofaxy, to Lady Filo, and a couple other more, until reaching my favourite one, Zeitgeist of Zoe.

Those of you who follow Zoe's blog, might be familiar with her skilled writing. She has a way with words that keep you browsing her blog, clicking on other posts, unable to unglue yourself from your screen. At least, that's how it is for me, anyway. 

Yet when the 3:08 on the top of my screen started to haunt me, I decided to quickly close the iPad and plug it to its charger.

I should have grabbed my bedsheet over my head, and closed my leaded eyelids and succumb to Morpheus.
I should have, but I didn't.

Instead I took out my super cute Mini Urban and played a bit with it, adding the new 2013 MOTP calendar I received this week, getting rid of old pages and trying to mentally decide which inserts it should have, etc. 

What I am trying to say, your Honour, is that it wasn't my fault I went to bed so late. All of this could have been avoided if the newcomer didn't have had to undergo quarantine for being a smelly boy.

It was all the Mini Finsbury Aqua's fault.






No comments:

Post a Comment