Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Kraft notebook refills for your Traveler's Notebook!

Yes, you read that right! Finally, there are Kraft paper refills available at the 21Kittens etsy store.
It took me a while to find the right paper to be able to make these, I have been wanting one for myself for a while now.



Even if you don't own a Midori Traveler's Notebook yet, you can still use this little fella, as it is, after all, a notebook. It is not bulky, it is not heavy, so you can carry it with you in your bag.
Here is a list of just a few ideas of what can use it for:
  • to write down lists
  • to remind yourself that tonight it's your turn to cook dinner
  • to write down your thoughts
  • to paint with crayons
  • to plan your next project
  • to keep all your decoration ideas in one place
  • to write down all the DIY stores you like visiting
  • to keep your Instax mini photos
  • to keep all those business cards you just can't part with
  • to keep a log of your gecko's (and other pets) health
  • to draw all those flowers you see on your walks
  • to keep track of your finances
  • to draw a treasure map for your kid's next birthday party
  • to write love letters you'll never send

Now you can't say you don't know what to use it for. And if you need even more ideas, just use your imagination (or ask me:) ).

Of course, before even starting to fold the pages, I had to test the quality of the paper.


As you can see in the picture above, I tried a few fountain pens, some gel pens, a pencil, two ballpens, and even a watercolour brush (Akashi-ya Sai).
On the next page I tried some normal watercolours applied with a waterbrush. Of course, this paper wasn't meant to take wet media, but still the effects were nice, although I wouldn't recommend trying very wet washes on it; the effect won't be as expected and the paper would buckle tremendously.
Nevertheless, the result was good: none of the pens and brushes I tried feathered nor bled through to the back. My only concern would be for the 2B pencil. Being the paper rather smooth, the graphite might smudge too much if a softer lead is used, but then again it is a matter of choice, one might want this.

Personally, I love how the blue ink from my Lamy Vista looks against that lovely Kraft brown, so I think the next refill I use in my Midori, will be one of these Kraft refills.

You can get yours here.


No comments:

Post a Comment